Definition of voice
What is the definition of "voice"?
1. The sound produced by the vocal organs of a vertebrate, especially a human.
2. The ability to produce such sounds.
3. A specified quality, condition, or pitch of vocal sound: a hoarse voice; the child's piping voice.
4. Linguistics Expiration of air through vibrating vocal cords, used in the production of vowels and voiced consonants.
5. A sound resembling or reminiscent of vocal utterance: the murmuring voice of the forest.
Use "voice" in a sentence
"The other voice was just a plain _voice_, Judith decided."
"Then through the gloom, with clear-pealing voice from across the stream, she called on Phrontis, the youngest of Phrixus 'sons, and he with his brothers and Aeson's son recognised the maiden's _voice_; and in silence his comrades wondered when they knew that it was so in truth."
"It is to select certain sopranos, and when the voice breaks, let them pass to the alto part, and _continue to use the head voice_."
Words like "voice" (synonyms)
How to Say "voice" in:
- Spanish: voice
- German: voice
- French: voice
- Mandarin: voice
- Japanese: voice
Words Like voice
NEARBY & RELATED ENTRIES
- verbal expression
- give tongue to