Definition of veteran
What is the definition of "veteran"?
1. A person who is long experienced or practiced in an activity or capacity: a veteran of political campaigns.
2. A person who has served in the armed forces: "Privilege, a token income . . . were allowed for veterans of both world wars” ( Mavis Gallant).
3. An old soldier who has seen long service.
1. Having had long experience or practice: a veteran actor.
2. Of or relating to former members of the armed forces: veteran benefits.
Use "veteran" in a sentence
"The term veteran conveys more than a rank held in the past, military service forms priorities and commitments that last for a lifetime."
""I'd like to make sure the term veteran is only a symbolisation of our ages, nothing more,""
""I really don't like the term veteran," said Hessert."
Words like "veteran" (synonyms)
How to Say "veteran" in:
- Spanish: veteran
- German: veteran
- French: veteran
- Mandarin: veteran
- Japanese: veteran
Words Like veteran
NEARBY & RELATED ENTRIES
- military man
- military personnel
- Veterans Day