Definition of tilt
What is the definition of "tilt"?
1. To cause to slope, as by raising one end; incline: tilt a soup bowl; tilt a chair backward.
2. To aim or thrust (a lance) in a joust.
3. To charge (an opponent); attack.
4. To forge with a tilt hammer.
1. To slope; incline. See Synonyms at slant.
Use "tilt" in a sentence
"Before the title tilt, Summit plays at St. Mary's Academy today at 4: 15 p.m. in a nonconference match."
"Tipping in 2016, coverage of the regional finals will be split by CBS and Turner with the Final Four and the title tilt, alternating every year between CBS and Turner's TBS."
"But the biggest rival in his path could be triple major winner Harrington who opens his title tilt against India's Jeev Milkha Singh."
Words like "tilt" (synonyms)
How to Say "tilt" in:
- Spanish: tilt
- German: tilt
- French: tilt
- Mandarin: tilt
- Japanese: tilt
Words Like tilt
NEARBY & RELATED ENTRIES
- spatial relation
- tilt hammer