Definition of talk
What is the definition of "talk"?
1. To articulate (words): The baby is talking sentences now.
2. To give expression to in words: talk treason.
3. To speak of or discuss (something): talk music; talk business;
4. To speak or know how to speak in (an idiom or language): talked French with the flight crew.
5. To gain, influence, or bring into a specified state by talking: talked me into coming; talked their way out of trouble.
Use "talk" in a sentence
"Now I'm going to continue educating my 8 month old on love the world, but don't talk to strangers..talk to me about sex.."
"Of the slew of candidates and wannabee candidates running for the grand prize of President, how many really \ 'talk the talk\', let alone \ 'walk the walk\'?"
"Momentous questions should be thrust aside until later, and the talk should be -- well, _talk_, not arguing, quarreling, or scandal-mongering."
Words like "talk" (synonyms)
How to Say "talk" in:
- Spanish: talk
- German: talk
- French: talk
- Mandarin: talk
- Japanese: talk
Words Like talk
NEARBY & RELATED ENTRIES
- give away
- let out