Definition of suck
What is the definition of "suck"?
1. To draw (liquid) into the mouth by movements of the tongue and lips that create suction.
2. To draw in by establishing a partial vacuum: a cleaning device that sucks up dirt.
3. To draw in by or as if by a current in a fluid.
4. To draw or pull as if by suction: teenagers who are sucked into a life of crime.
5. To draw nourishment through or from: suck a baby bottle.
Use "suck" in a sentence
"There's a helephant coming, and you can hear the _suck, suck, suck_ of his feet in the mud plainer and plainer."
"_Plosh, plosh, suck, suck_ of the elephants 'feet went on in the same monotonous way."
"I introduced the typists to what I called the suck-it-and-see approach to finding things out on the computer and was met with looks of horror."
Words like "suck" (synonyms)
How to Say "suck" in:
- Spanish: suck
- German: suck
- French: suck
- Mandarin: suck
- Japanese: suck
Words Like suck
NEARBY & RELATED ENTRIES
- take out