Definition of spot
What is the definition of "spot"?
1. A place of relatively small and definite limits.
2. A mark on a surface differing sharply in color from its surroundings.
3. A blemish, mark, or pimple on the skin.
4. A stain or blot.
5. Games A mark or pip on a playing card; a spade, club, diamond, or heart.
Use "spot" in a sentence
"This description implies the assemblage of strangers from all parts in one spot; -- _from all parts_; else, how will you find professors and students for every department of knowledge? and _in one spot_; else, how can there be any school at all?"
"Or (if the elastic cord has already been fastened) we may remove the eye-tube and shift the telescope-tube about -- the direction in which the sun lies being roughly known -- until we see the spot of light received down the telescope's axis grow brighter and brighter and finally become a _spot of sun-light_."
"More specifically. briandonnelly @MaileShoul Oh there is one in the house - took the title spot from Tori Spelling's novella. delicacy Tori Spelling @ 7th Anniversary Of Belle Gray Boutique"
Words like "spot" (synonyms)
How to Say "spot" in:
- Spanish: spot
- German: spot
- French: spot
- Mandarin: spot
- Japanese: spot
Words Like spot
NEARBY & RELATED ENTRIES
- upon the spot
- small indefinite quantity