Definition of split
What is the definition of "split"?
1. To divide from end to end or along the grain by or as if by a sharp blow. See Synonyms at tear1.
2. To break, burst, or rip apart with force; rend. See Synonyms at break.
3. To affect with force in a way that suggests tearing apart: A lightning bolt split the night sky.
4. To separate (people or groups, for example); disunite.
5. To divide and share: split a dessert.
Use "split" in a sentence
"(Toggle Plain Text) $my @t = split (/\s+/); #split sentences into "words""
"$my @t = split (/\s+/); #split sentences into "words""
""Then, if I _split_ it, what else _could_ it be but a split infinitive,"
Words like "split" (synonyms)
How to Say "split" in:
- Spanish: split
- German: split
- French: split
- Mandarin: split
- Japanese: split
Words Like split
NEARBY & RELATED ENTRIES
- acrobatic stunt
- acrobatic feat