Definition of splendid
What is the definition of "splendid"?
1. Brilliant with light or color; radiant: a splendid field of poppies.
2. Imposing by reason of showiness or grandeur; magnificent: splendid costumes.
3. Admired by many; illustrious: splendid achievements.
4. Admirable for boldness or purity; surpassing: splendid character.
5. Very good or satisfying; praiseworthy: a splendid performance in the examinations.
Use "splendid" in a sentence
"That was as splendid as this, but it wasn't as _splendid_ splendid."
"Oh, isn't it splendid, _splendid_! that papa will get well! ""
"Interestingly enough, it was a Canadian who coined the phrase "splendid isolation.""
Words like "splendid" (synonyms)
How to Say "splendid" in:
- Spanish: splendid
- German: splendid
- French: splendid
- Mandarin: splendid
- Japanese: splendid
Words Like splendid
NEARBY & RELATED ENTRIES