Definition of sound
What is the definition of "sound"?
1. Vibrations transmitted through an elastic solid or a liquid or gas, with frequencies in the approximate range of 20 to 20,000 hertz, capable of being detected by human organs of hearing.
2. Transmitted vibrations of any frequency.
3. The sensation stimulated in the organs of hearing by such vibrations in the air or other medium.
4. Such sensations considered as a group.
5. A distinctive noise: a hollow sound.
Use "sound" in a sentence
"In. by sound, like the word "Numbers" which Macready proposed, and which is really _not a genuine In. by sound_, is of little service to a poor memory."
"Give the name and the sound of each of the letters in the three following words: _letters, name, sound_."
"All motion pictures might be characterized as _space measured without sound, plus time measured without sound_."
Words like "sound" (synonyms)
How to Say "sound" in:
- Spanish: sound
- German: sound
- French: sound
- Mandarin: sound
- Japanese: sound
Words Like sound
NEARBY & RELATED ENTRIES