Definition of soak
What is the definition of "soak"?
1. To make thoroughly wet or saturated by or as if by placing in liquid.
2. To immerse in liquid for a period of time.
3. To absorb (liquid, for example) through or as if through pores or interstices.
4. To remove (a stain, for example) by continued immersion: soaked out the grease spots.
5. Informal To take in or accept mentally, especially eagerly and easily: soaked up the gossip.
Use "soak" in a sentence
"Maybe he thinks the period of White guilt pre-soak is over, and full-on cleansing can begin."
"Prime bathtub manga, the ideal complement for a good, relaxing soak, is generally romantic in nature, though not necessarily mushy."
"* Looking out my Aunt's guestroom window, I watched dark cordes* of rain soak the town of Châteauneuf-du-Pape."
Words like "soak" (synonyms)
How to Say "soak" in:
- Spanish: soak
- German: soak
- French: soak
- Mandarin: soak
- Japanese: soak
Words Like soak
NEARBY & RELATED ENTRIES
- work over
- heat up
- natural process