Definition of shrill
What is the definition of "shrill"?
1. High-pitched and piercing in tone or sound: the shrill wail of a siren.
2. Producing a sharp, high-pitched tone or sound: a shrill fife.
3. Sharp or keen to the senses; harshly vivid: shrill colors.
1. To utter in a shrill manner; scream.
1. To produce a shrill cry or sound.
Use "shrill" in a sentence
"PAGE 134.l. 13. _ivory shrill_, the shrill sound of the ivory horn. ll."
"Harry Reid doesn't know what the term shrill means."
"He sites what he calls the shrill voices of liberal-left journalists, or 'laptop bombadiers' that became the champions of forceful western intervention."
Words like "shrill" (synonyms)
How to Say "shrill" in:
- Spanish: shrill
- German: shrill
- French: shrill
- Mandarin: shrill
- Japanese: shrill
Words Like shrill
NEARBY & RELATED ENTRIES