Definition of scroll
What is the definition of "scroll"?
1. A roll, as of parchment or papyrus, used especially for writing a document.
2. An ancient book or volume written on such a roll.
3. A list or schedule of names.
4. An ornament or ornamental design that resembles a partially rolled scroll of paper, as the volute in Ionic and Corinthian capitals.
5. Music The curved head on an instrument of the violin family.
Use "scroll" in a sentence
"i am using asp. net ajax combo box control. where i have an items [500 records binded to it]. now as the list grows i am not able to fixed the height with an scroll so that i can limit the height as much i wanted. ** but by default it is setting the scroll**"
"A Torah in scroll is related to a bound edition because the latter couldn't exist without the former: the latter rises up from the former, perhaps inevitably."
"The carpenter who built a farmer's house differentiated it from the barn by putting what he called scroll work up under the eaves and by building at the front a porch with carved posts."
Words like "scroll" (synonyms)
How to Say "scroll" in:
- Spanish: scroll
- German: scroll
- French: scroll
- Mandarin: scroll
- Japanese: scroll
Words Like scroll
NEARBY & RELATED ENTRIES
- scroll wheel
- scroll bar
- side scroller
- scroll lock