Definition of say
What is the definition of "say"?
1. To utter aloud; pronounce: The children said, "Good morning.”
2. To express in words: Say what's on your mind.
3. To state as one's opinion or judgment; declare: I say let's eat out.
4. To state as a determination of fact: It's hard to say who is right in this matter.
5. To repeat or recite: said grace.
Use "say" in a sentence
"They could just say the pledge with their classmates and *not say* the under god part."
"Quod She recently talked about a book called *They say, I say* by Graff and someone else."
"I will tell them, why you don't you say that you like dad or sayߞ call dad husband or honey or whatever?"
Words like "say" (synonyms)
How to Say "say" in:
- Spanish: say
- German: say
- French: say
- Mandarin: say
- Japanese: say
Words Like say
NEARBY & RELATED ENTRIES
- they say
- give tongue to