Definition of sap
What is the definition of "sap"?
1. The watery fluid that circulates through a plant, carrying food and other substances to the various tissues.
2. The fluid contents of a plant cell vacuole.
3. An essential bodily fluid.
4. Health and energy; vitality.
5. Slang A gullible person; a dupe.
Use "sap" in a sentence
"A little in this way -- but these similes are very imperfect, and will not bear close application -- the sap rises in a tree, stealing up branch by branch; and it is then called _ascending sap_."
"You can also, though take pine sap from a pine tree, and that will burn for a while."
"Then they showed us how the Maple sap is turned into syrup (lots of boiling), and they let us taste maple syrup, maple sugar, and maple sap -- the last, one child apply described as tasting a bit like a wet stick."
Words like "sap" (synonyms)
How to Say "sap" in:
- Spanish: sap
- German: sap
- French: sap
- Mandarin: sap
- Japanese: sap
Words Like sap
NEARBY & RELATED ENTRIES
- use up
- wipe out
- run through
- eat up