Definition of relation
What is the definition of "relation"?
1. A logical or natural association between two or more things; relevance of one to another; connection: the relation between smoking and heart disease.
2. The connection of people by blood or marriage; kinship.
3. A person connected to another by blood or marriage; a relative.
4. The way in which one person or thing is connected with another: the relation of parent to child.
5. The mutual dealings or connections of persons, groups, or nations in social, business, or diplomatic matters: international relations.
Use "relation" in a sentence
"There is a subtle relation between character and conditions, and it is this _relation_ that determines Fate."
"The reference of my correspondent to disprove the _relation_, is a part of what Jesus has prescribed on this subject to _regulate_ the _duties_ of the relation, and is itself proof that the relation existed -- that its legality was recognized -- and its duties prescribed by the Son of God through the Holy Ghost given to the apostles."
"In relation to a number of scriptures which you have quoted, seemingly with a design to illustrate the foregoing subject, I can only say, that if any or all those passages relate at all to the subject, _that relation_ is out of my sight."
Words like "relation" (synonyms)
How to Say "relation" in:
- Spanish: relation
- German: relation
- French: relation
- Mandarin: relation
- Japanese: relation
Words Like relation
NEARBY & RELATED ENTRIES
- legal principle
- judicial principle
- judicial doctrine