Definition of pretty
What is the definition of "pretty"?
1. Pleasing or attractive in a graceful or delicate way. See Synonyms at beautiful.
2. Clever; adroit: a pretty maneuver.
3. Very bad; terrible: in a pretty predicament; a situation that has reached a pretty pass.
4. Ostensibly or superficially attractive but lacking substance or conviction: full of pretty phrases.
5. Informal Considerable in size or extent: a pretty fortune.
Use "pretty" in a sentence
"Wow..so this is the first time that I found your site..pretty said considering I thought I was pretty smart!"
"If you talk of bathing, they will advise you to _dook oonder_; and should a mother present her baby to you she will call it her _smook barn_, her pretty bairn or child, _smook_ being the Norse word for _pretty_."
"_Singing, Laughing all, Singing Laughing all, like pretty pretty_ Poll."
How to Say "pretty" in:
- Spanish: pretty
- German: pretty
- French: pretty
- Mandarin: pretty
- Japanese: pretty
Words Like pretty
NEARBY & RELATED ENTRIES
- pretty well
- pretty much
- pretty up