Definition of place
What is the definition of "place"?
1. An area with definite or indefinite boundaries; a portion of space.
2. Room or space, especially adequate space: There is place for everyone at the back of the room.
3. The particular portion of space occupied by or allocated to a person or thing.
4. A building or an area set aside for a specified purpose: a place of worship.
5. A dwelling; a house: bought a place on the lake.
Use "place" in a sentence
happy place, happy place
sittin here eating frozen snickers bars and drinking mountain dew and talking on the phone to my friend Anthony."
"But Barzillai felt, and felt rightly, that in his circumstances, the place in which he had been brought up -- "_his own place_" -- was the best place for him."
""The lowest place, _the lowest place_, I can abide no other.""
Words like "place" (synonyms)
How to Say "place" in:
- Spanish: place
- German: place
- French: place
- Mandarin: place
- Japanese: place
Words Like place
NEARBY & RELATED ENTRIES
- neck of the woods