Definition of pea
What is the definition of "pea"?
1. A member of the pea family.
2. A Eurasian climbing annual vine (Pisum sativum) cultivated in all temperate zones, having compound leaves with terminal leaflets modified into tendrils and globose, edible seeds enclosed in a green, elongated pod.
3. The seed of this plant, used as a vegetable.
4. The unopened pods of this plant.
5. Any of several plants of the genus Lathyrus, such as the sweet pea or the beach pea.
Use "pea" in a sentence
"How exciting to be invited to come to the White House, see 'the garden' (new meaning to the term pea-green with envy) as the fabulous first lady drafted us all into the service of our country's children to ensure their healthy future."
"Among the roots, it mentions _Openauk_, which must have been what we call the pea-nut, which is now largely cultivated along that coast, and is quite an article of commerce."
"My sweet little pea is now 7 months old and very alive."
How to Say "pea" in:
- Spanish: pea
- German: pea
- French: pea
- Mandarin: pea
- Japanese: pea