Definition of name
What is the definition of "name"?
1. A word or words by which an entity is designated and distinguished from others.
2. A word or group of words used to describe or evaluate, often disparagingly.
3. Representation or repute, as opposed to reality: a democracy in name, a police state in fact.
4. A reputation: has a bad name.
5. A distinguished reputation: made a name for himself as a drummer.
Use "name" in a sentence
"The cost works out to about $19k / yr, or $50 / day to trap _each_ name and respond with a simple name+ (a, b, c) reply."
"Promoted to Headline (H3) on 5/17/09: Bush-Obama: 'A rose by any other name 'yahooBuzzArticleHeadline =' Bush-Obama: \'A rose by any other name\ ''; yahooBuzzArticleSummary = 'Article: Who said, "A war criminal is a war ciminal is a war criminal?"'"
"I also like how they've quoted people on the poster but used their twitter @name instead of their real name."
Words like "name" (synonyms)
How to Say "name" in:
- Spanish: name
- German: name
- French: name
- Mandarin: name
- Japanese: name
Words Like name
NEARBY & RELATED ENTRIES
- influential person
- important person
- family line