Definition of mouth
What is the definition of "mouth"?
1. The body opening through which an animal takes in food.
2. The cavity lying at the upper end of the alimentary canal, bounded on the outside by the lips and inside by the oropharynx and containing in higher vertebrates the tongue, gums, and teeth.
3. This cavity regarded as the source of sounds and speech.
4. The opening to any cavity or canal in an organ or a bodily part.
5. The part of the lips visible on the human face.
Use "mouth" in a sentence
"When the mouth is very wide, it is called a _Tory mouth_."
"Edward -- now as heavy as a cannonball -- and pried his mouth open, staring down his gullet, staring down into * another mouth*, Frederick's mouth, which gaped open, revealing a * third* mouth, George's."
"The proposed reversal to _thy mouth speak with his mouth_ (Giesebrecht, etc.) misses the point; surely the captor would speak first."
Words like "mouth" (synonyms)
How to Say "mouth" in:
- Spanish: mouth
- German: mouth
- French: mouth
- Mandarin: mouth
- Japanese: mouth
Words Like mouth
NEARBY & RELATED ENTRIES
- down in the mouth
- geological formation