Definition of medicine
What is the definition of "medicine"?
1. The science of diagnosing, treating, or preventing disease and other damage to the body or mind.
2. The branch of this science encompassing treatment by drugs, diet, exercise, and other nonsurgical means.
3. The practice of medicine.
4. An agent, such as a drug, used to treat disease or injury.
5. Something that serves as a remedy or corrective: medicine for rebuilding the economy; measures that were harsh medicine.
Use "medicine" in a sentence
"Promoted to Headline (H3) on 8/21/09: On 'death panels,' 'socialized medicine' and other red herrings yahooBuzzArticleHeadline = 'On \'death panels, \' \'socialized medicine\ 'and other red herrings'; yahooBuzzArticleSummary = 'Article: Ain\'t it a shame our so-called liberal media is obsessed with "death panels" of fevered imaginations rather than death panels that exist in the real world, notably in our present health-care system?'"
"The correlation between pay and performance in medicine is currently low."
"The heart of the “market failure” in medicine is the body of mandates by local, county, state, and federal governments."
Words like "medicine" (synonyms)
How to Say "medicine" in:
- Spanish: medicine
- German: medicine
- French: medicine
- Mandarin: medicine
- Japanese: medicine
Words Like medicine
NEARBY & RELATED ENTRIES
- medicine man