Definition of level
What is the definition of "level"?
1. Relative position or rank on a scale: the local level of government; studying at the graduate level.
2. A relative degree, as of achievement, intensity, or concentration: an unsafe level of toxicity; a high level of frustration.
3. A natural or proper position, place, or stage: I finally found my own level in the business world.
4. Position along a vertical axis; height or depth: a platform at knee level.
5. A horizontal line or plane at right angles to the plumb.
Use "level" in a sentence
"Public Service Commission shall ensure provincial representation in national processes while simultaneously ensuring that there is full and direct accountability at provincial level for the implementation that takes place at that level*."
"But Germany, let us help Lamprecht to say, since he does not himself draw this conclusion, has failed to emerge upon the level of an exalted ecstasy, failed to produce the philosophical, the moral and religious fruit of its new impulses, _failed, in a word, to find its dominant on a high level_, precisely as often the promising individual fails and has expressed his truly great nature in low forms of activity."
"I'd like to turn the following function into a MySQL stored function, but I'm fairly new to the concept: int getCharacterLevel (int numXP) int level = 1; while (numXP > 4 + level) numXP - = 4 + level++; return level;"
Words like "level" (synonyms)
How to Say "level" in:
- Spanish: level
- German: level
- French: level
- Mandarin: level
- Japanese: level
Words Like level
NEARBY & RELATED ENTRIES
- a spirit level
- mason's level
- change surface