Definition of intense
What is the definition of "intense"?
1. Possessing or displaying a distinctive feature to an extreme degree: the intense sun of the tropics.
2. Extreme in degree, strength, or size: intense heat.
3. Involving or showing strain or extreme effort: intense concentration.
4. Deeply felt; profound: intense emotion.
5. Tending to feel deeply: an intense writer.
Use "intense" in a sentence
"Gamers experience "urgent optimism," which she describes as the intense desire to achieve something combined with the unwavering belief that anything is possible."
"She leads viewers so far then abandons them to wander and wonder in areas of what she calls "intense unknowability"."
"They traveled to the DRC last month and are trying to draw attention to what they call the intense suffering of the Congolese people."
Words like "intense" (synonyms)
How to Say "intense" in:
- Spanish: intense
- German: intense
- French: intense
- Mandarin: intense
- Japanese: intense
Words Like intense
NEARBY & RELATED ENTRIES