Definition of indulge
What is the definition of "indulge"?
1. To yield to the desires and whims of, especially to an excessive degree; humor.
2. To yield to; gratify: indulge a craving for chocolate.
3. To allow (oneself) unrestrained gratification: indulged herself with idle daydreams. See Synonyms at pamper.
4. Roman Catholic Church To grant an ecclesiastical indulgence or dispensation to.
1. To indulge oneself: eyed the desserts but didn't indulge.
Use "indulge" in a sentence
"That large order of large “Natural-Cut French Fries” that I like to order when I indulge is another 500 calories."
"That every bad habit in which you indulge is shortening the life of some of your faculties, and that God Himself cannot save you from the doom which you are earning, deserving, and working out for yourself every day and every hour."
"The case supposed, that our own hand, or eye, or foot, offend us; that the impure corruption we indulge is as dear to us as an eye or a hand, or that that which is to us as an eye or a hand, is become an invisible temptation to sin, or occasion of it."
Words like "indulge" (synonyms)
How to Say "indulge" in:
- Spanish: indulge
- German: indulge
- French: indulge
- Mandarin: indulge
- Japanese: indulge
Words Like indulge
NEARBY & RELATED ENTRIES
- do by