Definition of individual
What is the definition of "individual"?
1. Of or relating to an individual, especially a single human: individual consciousness.
2. By or for one person: individual work; an individual portion.
3. Existing as a distinct entity; separate: individual drops of rain.
4. Marked by or expressing individuality; distinctive or individualistic: an individual way of dressing.
5. Special; particular: Each variety of melon has its individual flavor and texture.
Use "individual" in a sentence
"If they are parts of an individual, plants also are subject to considerable changes during their _individual_ lives."
"'Although there exists nothing IN NATURE except individual bodies, exhibiting distinct individual _effects, according to individual_"
"But because the will has here become individual it must be deceived in such a manner for it to discern by the sense of the _individual_ what the sense of the species has presented to it; in other words, imagine it is pursuing ends concerning the individual, when in reality it is pursuing merely general ends (using the word general in its strictest sense)."
Words like "individual" (synonyms)
How to Say "individual" in:
- Spanish: individual
- German: individual
- French: individual
- Mandarin: individual
- Japanese: individual
Words Like individual
NEARBY & RELATED ENTRIES