Definition of grade
What is the definition of "grade"?
1. A stage or degree in a process.
2. A position in a scale of size, quality, or intensity: a poor grade of lumber.
3. An accepted level or standard.
4. A set of persons or things all falling in the same specified limits; a class.
5. A level of academic development in an elementary, middle, or secondary school: learned fractions in the fourth grade.
Use "grade" in a sentence
"The school district in which I teach the second largest in the U.S. recently announced a new policy limiting a student's homework liability to 10% of his or her term grade."
"The gym teacher did up my term grade to 75 when I asked her to, though."
"I went to what we called grade school — I don't know what they call it now — in Louisville and high school."
Words like "grade" (synonyms)
How to Say "grade" in:
- Spanish: grade
- German: grade
- French: grade
- Mandarin: grade
- Japanese: grade
Words Like grade
NEARBY & RELATED ENTRIES
- sort out
- bos taurus