Definition of gamma
What is the definition of "gamma"?
1. The third letter of the Greek alphabet. See Table at alphabet.
2. The third item in a series or system of classification.
3. A unit of magnetic intensity equal to one hundred thousandth (10-5) of an oersted.
4. A unit of mass equal to one millionth (10-6) of a gram.
5. Chemistry The third position from a designated carbon atom in an organic molecule at which an atom or a radical may be substituted.
Use "gamma" in a sentence
"Litt et al and other proponents of neurocomputation should attempt to show how global brain gamma synchrony can be explained by classical (non-quantum) neural mechanisms."
"George Clark carried out one of the first surveys in gamma rays."
"They said the drug changes the way an enzyme called gamma secretase works, without completely blocking it, an approach that so far has failed in human trials."
Words like "gamma" (synonyms)
How to Say "gamma" in:
- Spanish: gamma
- German: gamma
- French: gamma
- Mandarin: gamma
- Japanese: gamma
Words Like gamma
NEARBY & RELATED ENTRIES
- letter of the alphabet
- alphabetic character
- field strength unit
- Gamma correction
- Gamma globulin
- gamma ray
- gamma-aminobutyric acid