Definition of game
What is the definition of "game"?
1. An activity providing entertainment or amusement; a pastime: party games; word games.
2. A competitive activity or sport in which players contend with each other according to a set of rules: the game of basketball; the game of gin rummy.
3. A single instance of such an activity: We lost the first game.
4. An organized athletic program or contest: track-and-field games; took part in the winter games.
5. A period of competition or challenge: It was too late in the game to change the schedule of the project.
Use "game" in a sentence
"• Follow the Guardian's World Cup team on Twitter• Sign up to play our great Fantasy Football game• Stats centre: Get the lowdown on every player• The latest team-by-team news, features and moreThe political situation, of course, amplified every emotion around that game; as civil war approached it was clear that that this wasn't just another chance, but Red Star's last chance."
"And we realize that the ability to see the whole game, both sides at once, is stopping the game~ and we are suddenly free."
"This game is sold *for the purpose of playing this game*."
Words like "game" (synonyms)
How to Say "game" in:
- Spanish: game
- German: game
- French: game
- Mandarin: game
- Japanese: game
Words Like game
NEARBY & RELATED ENTRIES
- line of work