Definition of flow
What is the definition of "flow"?
1. To move or run smoothly with unbroken continuity, as in the manner characteristic of a fluid.
2. To issue in a stream; pour forth: Sap flowed from the gash in the tree.
3. To circulate, as the blood in the body.
4. To move with a continual shifting of the component particles: wheat flowing into the bin; traffic flowing through the tunnel.
5. To proceed steadily and easily: The preparations flowed smoothly.
Use "flow" in a sentence
"Of course, going with the flow is a lot easier, and Canadians are ‘easy-going’ people."
"Dudley said those communities who were hurt, should not allow the actions of trouble makers to stop what she described as a flow of goodwill growing in South Africa."
"Most of the flow is the Unconferences piece which has been widely linked to."
Words like "flow" (synonyms)
How to Say "flow" in:
- Spanish: flow
- German: flow
- French: flow
- Mandarin: flow
- Japanese: flow
Words Like flow
NEARBY & RELATED ENTRIES
- shed blood
- flow moss
- flow bog