Definition of floating
What is the definition of "floating"?
1. Buoyed on or suspended in or as if in a fluid.
2. Not secured in place; unattached.
3. Inclined to move or be moved about: a floating meeting; floating crap games.
4. Economics Available for use; in circulation. Used of capital.
5. Economics Short-term and usually unfunded. Used of a debt.
Use "floating" in a sentence
"He seemed to be in another time frame, Eric did, cut and edited, his words in stop-start format and his position frequently altered in relation to the background, and here he was again on the sign for Deming, his name floating out of the soft dawn as Matt drove west, deeper into the white parts of the map, where he would try to find a clue to his future."
"The term floating among those circles is 'iBrick'."
"I have a number of vague ideas for "Persephone 2" trust me, this won't be the title floating around my head right now."
Words like "floating" (synonyms)
How to Say "floating" in:
- Spanish: floating
- German: floating
- French: floating
- Mandarin: floating
- Japanese: floating
Words Like floating
NEARBY & RELATED ENTRIES
- laying out
- floating voter
- floating point