Definition of fat
What is the definition of "fat"?
1. The ester of glycerol and one, two, or three fatty acids.
2. Any of various soft, solid, or semisolid organic compounds constituting the esters of glycerol and fatty acids and their associated organic groups.
3. A mixture of such compounds occurring widely in organic tissue, especially in the adipose tissue of animals and in the seeds, nuts, and fruits of plants.
4. Animal tissue containing such substances.
5. A solidified animal or vegetable oil.
Use "fat" in a sentence
"Clean the meat, remove excess fat, and place the meat in a very hot frying pan _without any fat_."
"Mutton fat so prepared is sometimes termed _savory fat_."
"Heat an iron frying pan until hot; oil it with a bit of fat from the meat; _then remove the fat_."
Words like "fat" (synonyms)
How to Say "fat" in:
- Spanish: fat
- German: fat
- French: fat
- Mandarin: fat
- Japanese: fat
Words Like fat
NEARBY & RELATED ENTRIES