Definition of drama
What is the definition of "drama"?
1. A prose or verse composition, especially one telling a serious story, that is intended for representation by actors impersonating the characters and performing the dialogue and action.
2. A serious narrative work or program for television, radio, or the cinema.
3. Theatrical plays of a particular kind or period: Elizabethan drama.
4. The art or practice of writing or producing dramatic works.
5. A situation or succession of events in real life having the dramatic progression or emotional effect characteristic of a play: the drama of the prisoner's escape and recapture.
Use "drama" in a sentence
"But mostly we learned that young people use the term drama because it is empowering."
"But American Horror Story — Glee cocreator Ryan Murphy's new "psychosexual" his word drama kicks it up more than a few notches."
"Or, if they're the instigators, the word drama lets teenagers feel that they're participating in something innocuous or even funny, rather than having to admit that they've hurt someone's feelings."
Words like "drama" (synonyms)
How to Say "drama" in:
- Spanish: drama
- German: drama
- French: drama
- Mandarin: drama
- Japanese: drama
Words Like drama
NEARBY & RELATED ENTRIES
- the stage
- the theater