Definition of dog
What is the definition of "dog"?
1. A domesticated carnivorous mammal (Canis familiaris) related to the foxes and wolves and raised in a wide variety of breeds.
2. Any of various carnivorous mammals of the family Canidae, such as the dingo.
3. A male animal of the family Canidae, especially of the fox or a domesticated breed.
4. Any of various other animals, such as the prairie dog.
5. Informal A person: You won, you lucky dog.
Use "dog" in a sentence
"To illustrate, consider a sentence like ˜A dog barked™, and suppose that ˜dog™ denotes the set X,"
"For example, in ˜Every dog is a mammal™, both ˜dog™ and ˜mammal™ have personal supposition."
"We had a dog, true it was a different one, a ferocious dog "
Words like "dog" (synonyms)
How to Say "dog" in:
- Spanish: dog
- German: dog
- French: dog
- Mandarin: dog
- Japanese: dog
Words Like dog
NEARBY & RELATED ENTRIES
- dog's cabbage
- to throw to the dogs
- disagreeable woman
- unpleasant woman