Definition of determine
What is the definition of "determine"?
1. To decide or settle (a dispute, for example) conclusively and authoritatively.
2. To end or decide, as by judicial action.
3. To establish or ascertain definitely, as after consideration, investigation, or calculation. See Synonyms at discover.
4. To cause (someone) to come to a conclusion or resolution.
5. To be the cause of; regulate: Demand determines production.
Use "determine" in a sentence
"The light frequency, f, that we want to determine is too high to be measured directly."
"That's the reason he should suffer whatever consequences the voters in his state determine is appropriate."
"All a hearing would need to determine is if you are or are not here illegally."
Words like "determine" (synonyms)
How to Say "determine" in:
- Spanish: determine
- German: determine
- French: determine
- Mandarin: determine
- Japanese: determine
Words Like determine
NEARBY & RELATED ENTRIES