Definition of deposit
What is the definition of "deposit"?
1. To put or set down; place.
2. To lay down or leave behind by a natural process: layers of sediment that were deposited on the ocean floor; glaciers that deposited their debris as they melted.
3. To give over or entrust for safekeeping.
4. To put (money) in a bank or financial account.
5. To give as partial payment or security.
Use "deposit" in a sentence
"MUMBAI – State Bank of India late Thursday said it will increase interest rates on loans and a term deposit scheme with effect from Saturday, after its chairman hinted earlier in the day at a hike after the central bank's July monetary tightening."
"You earn higher interest only on the period that the money was in the term deposit."
"Since 2000, the daily correlation between the one-month Treasury repo rate and the fed-funds rate is nearly a perfect 1.0, meaning that the reverse repo strategy is functionally equivalent to the term deposit strategy."
Words like "deposit" (synonyms)
How to Say "deposit" in:
- Spanish: deposit
- German: deposit
- French: deposit
- Mandarin: deposit
- Japanese: deposit
Words Like deposit
NEARBY & RELATED ENTRIES
- on deposit