Definition of collapse
What is the definition of "collapse"?
1. To fall down or inward suddenly; cave in.
2. To break down suddenly in strength or health and thereby cease to function: a monarchy that collapsed.
3. To fold compactly: chairs that collapse for storage.
1. To cause to fold, break down, or fall down or inward.
1. The act of falling down or inward, as from loss of supports.
Use "collapse" in a sentence
"I like how Orlov claims that the Soviet collapse is exactly equal to the American collapse*."
"The prolonged tension of mind and effort during four years of overwrought activity was followed by a period of reaction, to which, as far as the administration of the navy was concerned, the term collapse would scarcely be misapplied."
"Good piece about the reasoning behind the title collapse!"
Words like "collapse" (synonyms)
How to Say "collapse" in:
- Spanish: collapse
- German: collapse
- French: collapse
- Mandarin: collapse
- Japanese: collapse
Words Like collapse
NEARBY & RELATED ENTRIES
- change integrity
- natural event