Definition of bolt
What is the definition of "bolt"?
1. A bar made of wood or metal that slides into a socket and is used to fasten doors and gates.
2. A metal bar or rod in the mechanism of a lock that is thrown or withdrawn by turning the key.
3. A fastener consisting of a threaded pin or rod with a head at one end, designed to be inserted through holes in assembled parts and secured by a mated nut that is tightened by applying torque.
4. A sliding metal bar that positions the cartridge in breechloading rifles, closes the breech, and ejects the spent cartridge.
5. A similar device in any breech mechanism.
Use "bolt" in a sentence
"In the middle of the bolt is a hole, through which they urinate ...."
"The Stock fits the metal well and the bolt is the slickest I've ever used."
"Relative to acquisitions, we have a very formal process relative to what I call bolt-on acquisitions, which we did won today."
Words like "bolt" (synonyms)
How to Say "bolt" in:
- Spanish: bolt
- German: bolt
- French: bolt
- Mandarin: bolt
- Japanese: bolt
Words Like bolt
NEARBY & RELATED ENTRIES
- roll up
- get down