Definition of associate
What is the definition of "associate"?
1. To join as a partner, ally, or friend.
2. To connect or join together; combine.
3. To connect in the mind or imagination: "I always somehow associate Chatterton with autumn” ( John Keats).
1. To join in or form a league, union, or association. See Synonyms at join.
2. To spend time socially; keep company: associates with her coworkers on weekends.
Use "associate" in a sentence
""Most Americans who have heard the name associate her with only a few lines of text that she wrote.""
"Durand, a man who had a powerful affinity with banks and who was a three-time ex-convict, was by definition a man of dubious reputation, a reputation confirmed by the fact that he was a close and longtime term associate of Cronkite."
"One feature I would like to implement is being able to associate a short word followed by an F-key, eg F12, with a window from which I can select some action."
Words like "associate" (synonyms)
How to Say "associate" in:
- Spanish: associate
- German: associate
- French: associate
- Mandarin: associate
- Japanese: associate
Words Like associate
NEARBY & RELATED ENTRIES
- foot soldier