Definition of action
What is the definition of "action"?
1. The state or process of acting or doing: The medical team went into action.
2. Something done or accomplished; a deed. See Usage Note at act.
3. Organized activity to accomplish an objective: a problem requiring drastic action.
4. The causation of change by the exertion of power or a natural process: the action of waves on a beach; the action of a drug on blood pressure.
5. A movement or a series of movements, as of an actor.
Use "action" in a sentence
"Since 'to know' is not an action and since reduplication expresses a resultant state from an *action* as outlined above, naturally there can be no reduplicated forms possible for these stative verbs."
"In particular, if in the EPR/B experiment the L-apparatus pointer has a definite position before the L-measurement and the R-particle temporarily comes to possess definite position during the L-measurement, then the GRW/Pearle models involve action at a distance and thus also action* at a distance."
"If, on scientific principles, it can be proved that those verbs generally denominated neuter, _originally_ expressed action, their present, accepted meaning will still oppose the theory, for the generality of mankind do not attach to them the idea of _action_."
Words like "action" (synonyms)
How to Say "action" in:
- Spanish: action
- German: action
- French: action
- Mandarin: action
- Japanese: action
Words Like action
NEARBY & RELATED ENTRIES
- group action