Definition of abuse
What is the definition of "abuse"?
1. To use wrongly or improperly; misuse: abuse alcohol; abuse a privilege.
2. To hurt or injure by maltreatment; ill-use.
3. To force sexual activity on; rape or molest.
4. To assail with contemptuous, coarse, or insulting words; revile.
5. Obsolete To deceive or trick.
Use "abuse" in a sentence
"This jackass didn't do this out of the blue like many abusers who are moderate then get extreme; this level of abuse ** was the pattern of abuse** for this poor girl."
"_truth_ abuse them? does the _exposition_ of the _foulest combination_ that ever disgraced this or any other county, _constitute abuse_?"
"To the previous facts you are a witness, and best know how far my recapitulation is correct; and I request that you will inform Mr. Perry from me, that I wonder he should permit such an abuse of my name in his paper; I say an _abuse_, because my absence, at least, demands some respect, and my presence and positive sanction could alone justify him in such a proceeding, even were the lines mine; and if false, there are no words for him."
Words like "abuse" (synonyms)
How to Say "abuse" in:
- Spanish: abuse
- German: abuse
- French: abuse
- Mandarin: abuse
- Japanese: abuse
Words Like abuse
NEARBY & RELATED ENTRIES