Definition of x-ray
What is the definition of "x-ray"?
1. A relatively high-energy photon having a wavelength in the approximate range from 0.01 to 10 nanometers.
2. A stream of such photons, used for their penetrating power in radiography, radiology, radiotherapy, and scientific research. Often used in the plural. Also called roentgen ray.
3. A photograph taken with x-rays.
1. To irradiate with x-rays.
2. To photograph with x-rays.
Use "x-ray" in a sentence
"Interestingly, that included a pair of scissors, a fixed knife and a camping lighter (5cm blue flame, contains gasoline), which neither the hand screening nor the x-ray inspection found."
"After an initial assessment, and after x-ray after x-ray, the doctors struggled to break the news."
"This was ruled out when an x-ray of Pandorama's other hock proved identical."
Words like "x-ray" (synonyms)
How to Say "x-ray" in:
- Spanish: x-ray
- German: x-ray
- French: x-ray
- Mandarin: x-ray
- Japanese: x-ray