Definition of wad
What is the definition of "wad"?
1. A small mass of soft material, often folded or rolled, used for padding, stuffing, or packing.
2. A compressed ball, roll, or lump, as of tobacco or chewing gum.
3. A plug, as of cloth or paper, used to retain a powder charge in a muzzleloading gun or cannon.
4. A disk, as of felt or paper, used to keep the powder and shot in place in a shotgun cartridge.
5. Informal A large amount: a wad of troubles.
Use "wad" in a sentence
"It wad hurt me sair tae think a bit title wad mak 'a difference to ma friends."
"And what really gets liberal panties in a wad is when you point out that fascism is a form of socialism too, and that Democrats share far more similarities with classic fascism than anything else, and more so than any other political group."
"The FliteControl wad is configured 180° compared to standard wads so the cup flares at the rear instead of the front."
Words like "wad" (synonyms)
How to Say "wad" in:
- Spanish: wad
- German: wad
- French: wad
- Mandarin: wad
- Japanese: wad