Definition of vacant
What is the definition of "vacant"?
1. Containing nothing; empty.
2. Without an incumbent or occupant; unfilled: a vacant position.
3. Not occupied or put to use: a vacant lot.
4. Law Not claimed by an heir: a vacant estate.
5. Lacking intelligence or knowledge: a vacant mind.
Use "vacant" in a sentence
""With the title vacant, a good win puts me right in line for a shot at the belt," said De Laronde."
"It is my decision that to be fair to the last two reigning champions of record, Hogan and Andre, and to furthermore be fair with the number-one contenders who would have faced either Andre or Hogan as champion, I now declare the title vacant."
"Glancing up from my notes at the old man—his expression vacant, his head trembling slightly—it was impossible to imagine him involved in such an action."
Words like "vacant" (synonyms)
How to Say "vacant" in:
- Spanish: vacant
- German: vacant
- French: vacant
- Mandarin: vacant
- Japanese: vacant
Words Like vacant
NEARBY & RELATED ENTRIES