Definition of vacancy
What is the definition of "vacancy"?
1. The condition of being vacant or unoccupied.
2. An empty or unoccupied space.
3. A position, office, or place of accommodation that is unfilled or unoccupied.
4. Emptiness of mind; inanity.
5. A crystal defect caused by the absence of an atom, ion, or molecule in a crystal lattice.
Use "vacancy" in a sentence
"The rule on vacancy is a disincentive to tearing a property down."
"Mr. Guinee said in an interview: "I was merely trying to determine the likelihood of near term vacancy and refilling that vacancy in a market that is one of the worst in the country.""
"Besides, for practical purposes most Senators are selected by State governors in vacancy filling appointments, then rubber-stamp elected."
How to Say "vacancy" in:
- Spanish: vacancy
- German: vacancy
- French: vacancy
- Mandarin: vacancy
- Japanese: vacancy
Words Like vacancy
NEARBY & RELATED ENTRIES