Definition of tap
What is the definition of "tap"?
1. To strike gently with a light blow or blows: I tapped you on the shoulder to get your attention.
2. To give a light rap with: tap a pencil.
3. To produce with a succession of light blows: tap out a rhythm.
4. To select, as for membership in an organization; designate. See Synonyms at appoint.
5. To repair (shoe heels or toes) by applying a thin layer of leather or a substitute material.
Use "tap" in a sentence
"The high hat on the drums started pulsing. * tap tap tap tap* Bursting from within the amp came the familiar opening ring of "Listen to Her Heart.""
"At the head of each procession walked an Indian beating a drum, _tap, tap, tap_, without a vestige of time."
"By and by she heard another little _tap, tap, tap_ on the window-pane."
Words like "tap" (synonyms)
How to Say "tap" in:
- Spanish: tap
- German: tap
- French: tap
- Mandarin: tap
- Japanese: tap
Words Like tap
NEARBY & RELATED ENTRIES
- trip the light fantastic toe
- trip the light fantastic