Definition of table
What is the definition of "table"?
1. An article of furniture supported by one or more vertical legs and having a flat horizontal surface.
2. The objects laid out for a meal on this article of furniture.
3. The food and drink served at meals; fare: kept an excellent table.
4. The company of people assembled around a table, as for a meal.
5. Games A piece of furniture serving as a playing surface, as for faro, roulette, or dice. Often used in the plural.
Use "table" in a sentence
"The trouble with the peace table is that the Allies want it _à la carte_, and Wilson wants it American plan -- _table d'hôte_."
"DAN _sits on the left of the table, where "East Lynne" is open on the table_."
"DELIA (_at table and leaning across, with hands on table_)."
Words like "table" (synonyms)
How to Say "table" in:
- Spanish: table
- German: table
- French: table
- Mandarin: table
- Japanese: table
Words Like table
NEARBY & RELATED ENTRIES
- table turning
- tables of a chord
- water table
- perspective plane