Definition of sophomore
What is the definition of "sophomore"?
1. A second-year student in a U.S. college.
2. A tenth-grade student in a U.S. high school.
3. A person in the second year of carrying out an endeavor.
1. Of or relating to the second year of an endeavor, especially of attending a school or college.
2. Being the second in a series: a singer's sophomore album.
Use "sophomore" in a sentence
"JL: I am not sure I would use the word sophomore here."
"When you meet resistance, remember the origin of the word "sophomore"-- that smart/foolish developmental stage."
"You've heard the expression sophomore slump, right?"
How to Say "sophomore" in:
- Spanish: sophomore
- German: sophomore
- French: sophomore
- Mandarin: sophomore
- Japanese: sophomore
Words Like sophomore
NEARBY & RELATED ENTRIES
- junior sophister