Definition of face
What is the definition of "face"?
1. The surface of the front of the head from the top of the forehead to the base of the chin and from ear to ear.
2. A person: We saw many new faces on the first day of classes.
3. A person's countenance: a happy face.
4. A contorted facial expression; a grimace: made a face at the prospect of eating lemons.
5. Facial cosmetics: put one's face on.
Use "face" in a sentence
""On the other hand," continued Orme, turning the bill over and eyeing the inscription on its face, "your mistake in first writing the name instead of printing it, shows me that you did write the words on the _face_ of the bill.""
"He requested the presentation of the author, John Locke, and thanked him face to face -- neither, like the augurs, able to keep his _face_ -- for such antidotes to the blues."
"Life, and to this day I doubt if I could sit down and describe fully the shape or moulding of any one particular feature of that face, for it was not the _face_, but the expression that formed it, that inclined me toward it."
Words like "face" (synonyms)
How to Say "face" in:
- Spanish: face
- German: face
- French: face
- Mandarin: face
- Japanese: face
Words Like face
NEARBY & RELATED ENTRIES
- watch, clock, compass, card etc