Definition of extreme
What is the definition of "extreme"?
1. Most remote in any direction; outermost or farthest: the extreme edge of the field.
2. Being in or attaining the greatest or highest degree; very intense: extreme pleasure; extreme pain.
3. Extending far beyond the norm: an extreme conservative. See Synonyms at excessive.
4. Of the greatest severity; drastic: took extreme measures to conserve fuel.
5. Biology Characterized by severe, usually oxygen-poor environmental conditions.
Use "extreme" in a sentence
"Democrats and Republicans alike need to exercise candor in rejecting extreme nominees, tempered by good sense as to who’s really *extreme* and who’s just somebody one disagrees with."
"The White House's use of the word extreme was inappropriate for this situation."
"Take the term extreme sports to a whole new level, I'll tell you that."
Words like "extreme" (synonyms)
How to Say "extreme" in:
- Spanish: extreme
- German: extreme
- French: extreme
- Mandarin: extreme
- Japanese: extreme
Words Like extreme
NEARBY & RELATED ENTRIES
- extreme ironing
- extreme unction