Definition of curb
What is the definition of "curb"?
1. A concrete border or row of joined stones forming part of a gutter along the edge of a street.
2. An enclosing framework, such as that around a skylight.
3. A raised margin along an edge used to confine or strengthen.
4. Something that checks or restrains: High interest rates put a curb on spending.
5. A chain or strap that passes under a horse's lower jaw and serves in conjunction with the bit to restrain the horse.
Use "curb" in a sentence
"Kicking Charlie Crist to the curb is the dumbest move the GOP has made."
"Each grout line in between tiles on a curb is a place for water to penetrate."
"Roger went and got what he called a curb-bit, and almost in"
Words like "curb" (synonyms)
How to Say "curb" in:
- Spanish: curb
- German: curb
- French: curb
- Mandarin: curb
- Japanese: curb
Words Like curb
NEARBY & RELATED ENTRIES
- securities market
- stock exchange
- stock market